Jimmy is a proud father, a keynote speaker, and an endurance running coach living in the Los Angeles area. He has spoken to many groups including school assemblies, Fortune 100 companies (Disney, Nike, etc), as well as local clubs and athletic groups.
As a backdrop to many of Jimmy's keynotes, he has completed numerous ultra distance footraces including the Badwater 135, the Western States 100, and the Leadville Trail 100. In the Summer of 2014, Jimmy completed the "Original 6 Hundo Challenge" or the first six 100 mile trail races to exist, in a 13 week span. Jimmy talks about chosen attitude in the face of adversity, self empowerment, team building & collaborative thinking, unearthing the extraordinary moments everyday, gratitude, and high achievement through relentless forward movement, all while maintaining a sense of humor and perspective around everything.
In This Episode:
- Building an inspiring day, even when things don't go as planned.
- Creating a mastermind to keep yourself accountable.
- Transitioning from a full-time job to your own coaching business.
- The power of competition for an entrepreneur.
- Building a life around your passion.
- Why you must be willing to suck at something to become a pro.
- The steps to achieving balance in your life.
- The importance of consistency.
- Running a foot race through Death Valley.
- Viewing a workout as a productivity hack.
Jimmy's Favorite Book:
Oh The Places You'll Go - Dr Seuss
Jimmy's Favorite Quote:
"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure." — Mark Twain
"The Hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave 5 minutes longer." — Ralph Waldo Emmerson